Australian $5m Investor Visas
Direct foreign investment into Australia for emigration purposes continues to grow in popularity. Investors seek opportunities for their families that provide more than a financial return offered by investments elsewhere.
The Australian Federal Government are prioritising all Business, Innovation and Investment visa. Enabling investors to emigrate within a few months.
- Ability to reside, study, work and retire in Australia
- One of the highest standards of living in the world
- World-class education and healthcare
- Ability to bring eligible dependents
- No English language proficiency required
- No points test to satisfy
- No upper age limits
- No tax on worldwide income
Providing Permanent Residency after a qualifying period, leading to citizenship after five years in exchange for inward investments.
At least AUD$ 5 million (held for the duration of the provisional visa). Comprising of:
- 20% in eligible Venture Capital and Private Growth Equity funds (VCPE) investing in start-up and small private companies (AUD$ 1m)
- 30% in eligible managed funds or Listed Investment Companies (LICs) that invest in emerging companies (AUD$ 1.5m)
- 50% in balancing investments in managed funds or LICs that invest in eligible assets, including Australian listed securities, eligible corporate bonds or notes, annuities and real property (AUD$ 2.5m).
The source of funds
Before accepting direct foreign investments, the Australian Investment company conducts:
- Anti-money laundering checks
- A Know Your Clients onboarding process
- A Politically Exposed Person check
Compliant investment funds
The fund managers selected to assist in managing the investment must satisfy the Department of Home Affairs criteria as follows:
- Over AUD$ 100 million investments under management
- Hold an Investor Director Portfolio Services Licence
- Manages complying investment frameworks
- Licenced by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Member of the Australian Investment Council
Our qualified experts assist with your emigration case and sourcing the Compliant Investment Framework most suited to your emigration requirements.
Complete our free assessment to discover more.
More Business & Investment Visas
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances, one of our team would be happy to assist.