188c Visas Make Emigration Possible For Over 50's
Please note that the 188c Significant Investor Visa for A$5 million will be revoked shortly. To emigrate as an investor, 188a and 188b will remain available.
Direct foreign investment in exchange for Permanent Residency benefits both Australia and the investor. That is an important point to note as Australia welcomes those migrants providing the most significant financial investment with the slightest scrutiny.
The Australian Federal Government prioritises all Business, Innovation and Investment visas, enabling investors to emigrate within months. However, the 188c visa for a A$5m investment option is currently being processed within a few months.
The 188c Visas Required Investment
The minimum requirement is AUD$5 million (held for the duration of the provisional visa). to comprise of:
- 20% in eligible Venture Capital and Private Growth Equity funds (VCPE) investing in start-up and small private companies (AUD$ 1m)
- 30% in eligible managed funds or Listed Investment Companies (LICs) that invest in emerging companies (AUD$ 1.5m)
- 50% in balancing investments in managed funds or LICs that invest in eligible assets, including Australian listed securities, eligible corporate bonds or notes, annuities and real property (AUD$ 2.5m).
The fund managers selected to assist in managing the investment must satisfy the Department of Home Affairs criteria as follows:
- Must hold over AUD$ 100 million assets under management
- Holds an Investor Director Portfolio Services Licence
- Manages complying investment frameworks
- Licenced by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Is a member of the Australian Investment Council
The Source of Funds
Before accepting direct foreign investments, the Australian investment company conducts:
- Anti-money laundering checks
- A Know Your Clients onboarding process
- A Politically Exposed Person check
- Ability to reside, study, work and retire in Australia
- One of the highest standards of living in the world
- World-class education and healthcare
- Ability to bring eligible dependents
- No English language proficiency required
- No points test to satisfy
- No upper age limits
- No tax on worldwide income
Compliant Invest Framework
On our how-to-invest page, we provided a comprehensive guide on how to invest for the 188c visa stream. An alternative to investing A$5m via a CIF is to support the lesser A$1.5m in our tailored investment solution. It offers a lower-cost, no-risk, fixed-returns alternative.
Our qualified experts assist with your emigration case and sourcing the Compliant Investment Framework most suited to your emigration requirements.
Complete our free assessment to discover more.
More Business & Investment Visas
Tailored 188c Visas by Investment
The Australian 188c Significant Investor Visa is usually the only way a person over 50 years old is still eligible to emigrate.
Our complete tailored solution ensures a smooth transition for our clients and their families.