Invest $2.5m & emigrate to Australia
Australian Permanent Residency & Citizenship through the Business, Innovation & Investment Programme is an affordable residency by investment option, providing a stable jurisdiction, in a highly desirable location. It has become not only the preferred route but an essential cornerstone of many successful emigration cases.
The Australian Federal Government are prioritising all Business, Innovation and Investment visa. Enabling investors to emigrate within a few months.
Benefits of the Investor Visa
Designed to stimulate investment into the Australian economy by encouraging previously successful investors, business managers and entrepreneurs to invest in compliant, licenced investment frameworks within Australia. Thereby stimulating the local economy.
- Ability to live, work, open a business, study and retire
- A high standard of living
- World-class education and healthcare
- Ability to bring eligible dependents
- Passive investment opportunities
- Work, live, study and retire
- A high standard of living
- Permanent Residency after 3-years
- Visa approval within a few months
The investor visa offers a direct pathway to permanent residence after three years for the investor, their spouse and dependent children. After five years the investor and their family are eligible for Australian Citizenship.
The upper age limit is 55 years, except in cases where exceptional circumstances can be argued. In our experience, we have found that State Governments are prepared to offer a certain degree of flexibility on the upper age limit.
Often our clients are entrepreneurs or finished their education some time ago. Whatever the situation we offer guidance on how to secure the maximum possible points available.
English language ability:
To prove an investor meets the Australian English language criteria they may be required to sit an IELTS test. Those investors educated in an English speaking country may be exempt from this test.
Beyond the AUD$ 2.5m to AUD$ 5m investment within a compliant investment framework. Australia looks at potential further investment opportunities that may assist its economy.
Either as an entrepreneur, significant shareholder or senior manager. In certain cases, previous business experience may offer additional opportunities, in emigration terms and potential investments.
For those investors who are not employed, there is an opportunity to demonstrate previous investment experience.
Those Investing AUD$ 2.5m are required to secure 65 points in the Australian investor points test.
Those investing AUD$ 5m are exempt from the points test.
State Governments across Australia may award additional points if they are satisfied an investor will benefit their State in a way that meets their criteria.
In our experience, with guidance, our clients often meet those criteria to ensure they are eligible to emigrate.
The invested funds must be held by an approved Australian fund with:
- An Australian Securities Commission Licence
- Membership of the Australian Investment Council
- Investor Director Portfolio Licence
- Over AUD$ 100m under management
which must include:
At least AUD$2.5 million (held for the duration of the provisional visa). This will comprise of:
- 20% in eligible Venture Capital and Private Growth Equity funds (VCPE) investing in start-up and small private companies (AUD$ 500,000)
- 30% in eligible managed funds or Listed Investment Companies (LICs) that invest in emerging companies (AUD$ 750,000)
- 50% in balancing investments in managed funds or LICs that invest in eligible assets, including Australian listed securities, eligible corporate bonds or notes, annuities and real property (AUD$ 1.25 million).
The source of funds
Prior to accepting direct foreign investments, the Australian Investment company conduct:
- Anti-money laundering checks
- A Know Your Clients onboarding process
- A Politically Exposed Person check
Compliant investment funds
The fund managers selected to assist in managing the investment must satisfy the Department of Home Affairs criteria as follows:
- Over AUD$ 100 million investments under management
- Hold an Investor Director Portfolio Services Licence
- Manage complying investment frameworks
Returns on Investment
While all investments inherently carry risk. We appreciate our clients require a return that cannot be simply measured in fiscal returns.
That said, as specialists in Emigration-by-Investment solutions, our trusted investment partners have worked with Sterling Migration for many years, providing secure investment opportunities that are both emigration compliant while offering an attractive return on investment.
A complete tailored emigration by investment solution. Our qualified experts assist with both your emigration case and sourcing the Compliant Investment Framework most suited to your individual emigration requirements.
Purchase your perfect home
There are potential opportunities to secure a domestic residence as part of the compliant investment requirement.
The property purchase may be subject to the Foreign Investment Review Boards (FIRB) additional charges. However, these costs are minimal and only apply to certain properties.
Life expectancy in Australia is higher than in many countries as the lifestyle, health and social care facilities on offer are excellent.
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances, one of our team would be happy to assist.