Immigrating to Canada by Investment
“Dedicated to providing Residency by investment”
Migration by investment programmes are now the fastest growing area of immigration law, as people come to realise emigration by investment is not just a desirable way to secure Permanent residency, but a vital part of many effective Canadian immigration cases. Especially popular with people not suitable for a skilled worker pathway. There are several investor options currently available.
Canada is on the lookout for newcomers who have the entrepreneurial experience to start, manage or buy a business in the country. With the new foreign investment, Canada can ensure the continued success of its economy through diversification and development.
Canadian immigrant investor programs
Were created by the Canadian government to attract wealthy business people and their capital to Canada. Investors and their immediate family can gain permanent residence in Canada by satisfying the following five government selection criteria:
1. You must demonstrate relevant business experience, as defined under the regulations. In essence, you must have previously managed or operated a qualified business for at least two out of five years preceding your application.
2. You and your spouse must have legally obtained personal net worth of a minimum of CAD 2 million.
3. Your entire family must complete and pass Canada’s medical and security evaluations.
4. You must invest CAD 1.2 million for a period of five years at no interest (0%) under one of the two available immigrant investor programs. The investment is government-guaranteed and will be repaid in full at the end of the investment period.
5. You will also be assessed on age, language, education, experience, and time spent in Quebec on a points-based system.
There are several ways to become a permanent resident of Canada. The most popular economic programs are:
- The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
- The Express Entry Program (federal)
- The Provincial Nominee Programs
The selection procedure is similar under both the federal and Quebec programs, with the following distinction: applicants who want to establish themselves economically in the province of Quebec have to obtain a Certificate of Selection for Quebec (CSQ) before applying for permanent residence from the federal Government of Canada. Applicants and their dependents will be assessed on health and security grounds. Holders of a CSQ are required to reside in the province of Quebec.
For more information on our comprehensive service under the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program, we will be delighted to discuss your options further.
Investor Visas by province
Manitoba Business Investor Immigration Visa Service
Manitoba, the place that is inhabited by the aboriginals since thousands of years, is known for its beauty, its culture and its communities which believe in togetherness. This place is economically strong due to its great Natural resources.
Winnipeg is the capital of this province. Agriculture, tourism are other industries which are part of the backbone of Manitoba’s economy. Investing in a business or a real estate or in the farmland of Manitoba is always a profit, both in the long run and short run.
The BIS or Business Investor Stream of Manitoba has been designed by the Government of the province to enable candidates to invest in Manitoba. They have two streams
- The Entrepreneur Pathway
- The Farm Investor Pathway
High net worth business enthusiasts can invest in Manitoba’s running business or a start-up. They can become part of a business as a partner or purchase the business wholly. This stream has replaced the earlier MPNP-B stream.
However, the intention of MPNP-B is still working through this stream. This stream is still used for nominating and choosing the right candidate to invest in Manitoba.
- a minimum net worth of CAD 500,000.
- a minimum of 3 years of business management experience during the 5 years before applying for the same.
- minimum education equivalent to Canadian high school
- pass the Canadian Language Benchmark of 5 and more.
You must invest a minimum of CAD 250,000 in Manitoba’s Capital region or a minimum of CAD 150,000 outside Manitoba’s Capital.
You will have to visit the area as part of your Business Research.
Once, all the documents are in place and approved, you will have to enter into an agreement known as the Business Performance Agreement. This is prior to obtaining of the Provincial nomination.
Farm Investor Pathway stream
This pathway is otherwise known as the FIP. you are required to be experienced in farming.
- need at least CAD 500,000 net worth.
- you should be ready to take up agri-activities in rural Manitoba.
- have a minimum of 3 years of farming experience as well as agri-business experience.
- be able to invest a minimum of CAD 300,000 in the rural farmland of Manitoba agri-business.
You will have to do their research in rural Manitoba about farming and its business first before proceeding.
Prince Edward Island Business Immigration Visa
Prince Edward Island’s Investment Immigration program went through a major change in 2018. This small province of Canada has come up with dynamic programs to aid entrepreneurs to get nominated through PEI for their Permanent Residency in Canada. Prior to September 2018, there were 100% Ownership stream and Partial ownership stream which are now closed. Currently, PEI is recruiting entrepreneurs only from the work permit stream and only those who have submitted their Expression of Interest to set up business in PEI Province are considered. This program was earlier called the “Business Impact Program”.
- obtain a temporary work permit
- visit PEI the business
- Minimum Investment of CAD$150,000 for a minimum share of 33.33% in the business
- Net worth of CAD $600,000
- previous business management experience
- Should apply to the CIC for approval of a work permit in PEI
- minimum high-school education or equivalent
- a minimum band score of 4.0 on the CLB (Canada Language Benchmark)
- provide a detailed business plan
Upon landing in Canada, you will have to enter an escrow agreement. During the course of the first 2 years, you will have to report periodically on the progress of your business. Once all terms and conditions are met, the escrow amount of a minimum of $200,000 will be returned.
The program was designed to ensure economic development in BC
The applicant can apply for this program along with his immediate family (spouse/legal partner and dependent children up to age 18 years of age)
Who Qualifies For The Program?
- The entrepreneur to invest a minimum of CAD $200,000.
- must create a minimum of 1 job for a Canadian citizen or residency permit holders.
- net-worth of CAD $600,000
- rural Columbia requires a net worth of CAD $300,000
- experienced in business management
- prove your ability to adapt to Canadian life
- Proficient in English
Along with your family, you can propose to bring one another key member of your business to Canada.
Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot
Allows the applicant to relocate to a much lesser-known part of BC.
Your business must create local employment.
You must own at least 1/3rd of the business or invest a minimum of CAD $1 million into the business.
If a single applicant an entrepreneur can invest a minimum of CAD $200,000; in case there is a key member of the business accompanying, the entrepreneur must invest a minimum of CAD $400,000 as an initial investment.
It is important to have your residential address within 100 km of your business.
Quebec Investor Visas
Quebec is rich with natural resources. It has Aerospace industry, information and technology industry, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries which build Quebec’s economy.
Quebec Immigration Investor Program
Invites qualified high net worth individuals to migrate to its province by investing in the province
- net-worth of CAD 2 million.
- Invest CAD $1.2 million in a passive Government Guaranteed investment in Quebec for a period not less than 5 years.
- minimum of 2-years business experience in the 5-years preceding to applying for the visa
- intention to settle in Quebec.
Your investment needs to be maintained for no less than 5 years in Quebec and the end of the period, the amount will be returned back to the applicant without any interest. There are no hidden costs other than the interest lost for the investment made.
There is an option to secure finance for the cost of the investment. Ask us for more details.